Been yearning for a home with the charm of days gone by, close to all the modern amenities you need? This lovely property oozes traditional grace and character, along with plenty of space for your outdoor pursuits – all within walking distance of Cooroy township.
Built circa 1900, the Queenslander boasts original features like VJ walls and ceilings, ornate fretwork, and gleaming polished timber floors. If the breeze coming through the casement windows is not enough to keep you cool, the ceiling fans and air-conditioning should do the trick.
Naturally, there’s also a shady verandah around two sides, where you can relax and enjoy the privacy and peace that comes with being surrounded by trees on a large, private block. The upper level also includes a separate deck, family room, plus an open plan living and dining area with a cosy combustion fireplace, so you’ll have plenty of choice when it comes to spending time with loved ones.
Adjoining the living zone is a county-style kitchen complete with beautiful timber cabinetry, and modernised with stainless steel appliances including a dishwasher and gas cooktop. Both bedrooms have french doors opening onto the verandah. The home office/study is perfect for a student or working from home. It could also work as a third bedroom.
Underneath the living level is parking for two vehicles, an office space, laundry, and generous storage area. It could be fully built in (STCA) to create even more living space. Additional features include a 14m x 7m shed with mains and power, garden shed, and 13,000L of rainwater storage.
With 5,005m2 of flat, useable land, new owners will be spoiled for choice. There’s ample room for growing your own fruit and vegetables, running chooks, or just enjoying the established gardens and native birdlife. While very private, the property is less than 20 minutes’ walk (or a two-minute drive) from the heart of Cooroy, with its schools, shops, cafes and supermarkets. And Noosa’s beaches, national park, and shopping/dining strip are just 24 minutes from your doorstep.
It’s unusual to find an authentic Queenslander on level, useable acreage so close to town. If you like the idea of quiet country living with modern convenience, be sure to arrange your inspection of this fabulous property.
• 5,005m2 of flat, useable land, original Queenslander built circa 1900
• VJ walls/ceilings, casement windows, ornate fretwork, timber floors
• Covered verandah, deck, high ceilings, fans, french doors
• Spacious open plan living, combustion fireplace, study or 3rd bedroom
• Country kitchen with gas cooking, dishwasher, large walk-in pantry
• Ample storage and office under the house, potential to build in (STCA)
• Established landscaped gardens, private secure setting, abundant birdlife
• 14m x 7m shed with mains and power, NBN, 13,000L rainwater, garden shed
• Walk to Cooroy’s cafés, restaurants, essential services, specialty shops
• Absolute privacy, room to grow fruit and veggies, family friendly street
• 24 minutes’ drive to Noosa Heads, 34 to Sunshine Coast airport