Not quite Gatsby, not quite Gone with the Wind', yet there is something grand about this property from the moment you roll through the electric gates and cruise past soaring stands of Cuban Royal palms, clumps of giant strelitzias and stretches of rolling green lawn.
Established as a Cuban Royal palm plantation in the 1970s, the property has retained a few mature stands of this elegant species, placed thoughtfully among 5 acres of the most exquisite and diverse gardens you will see in the region.
Pull in at the porte cochere and note the pleasing series of french doors opening out to the deep wrap-around verandahs, evoking a sense of warm summer days, the pock' of a tennis ball and the laughter of children.
Inside, this home will have your mind buzzing with possibilities. Rising up from the huge, light-filled foyer, the sweeping curve of the timber staircase seduces you up onto the polished timber bridge' that leads to the ballroom-size kitchen-living-dining space.
With two bosch ovens, oodles of bench space and a walk-in pantry, this kitchen is designed to cater for a crowd. Tongue-in-groove walls, a big sash window and fretwork elements add a touch of the traditional. A wood-burning fire takes care of winter. No less than 5 sets of french doors open out to a verandah big enough for a game of cricket.
Nearby, the large powder room in classic Greek tones of blue and white has a stone-topped double vanity, toilet, bidet and lots of storage.
A study/office guards the entrance to the master bedroom, with french doors galore, a lovely sitting area and a wood-burning stove for cosy winter evenings. The dressing room is also large, as is the ensuite with raised spa bath, huge shower, double vanity, toilet and bidet.
The 4 queen-sized guest bedrooms are downstairs, separated by a versatile family room and serviced by 2 bathrooms, one with both bath and shower. There's also a sitting area and study.
The manicured grounds offer countless spots to stretch your legs or sit and chill. Perch at the bar in the poolside cabana; float in the tropical saltwater pool; take a picnic down to the delightful jetty; or hit a few balls on the floodlit tennis court.
Overlooking the tennis court is one of two identical guest studios, this one currently used as a gym, the other set up for guests. Each comes with kitchenette and separate bathroom with shower.
It's easy to imagine this home filled with the happy shrieks of children (and adults) at play but it could equally operate as a B&B, a wellness retreat, a creative enclave with artists/writers in residence, or simply a peaceful haven for someone who likes their own space among nature.
Features at a glance:
- 5 bed, 4 bath, 3 car, 5 acres plus 2 separate 1 bedroom guest accom
- Prestige address, 15 mins to Noosa beach, 45 mins to Sunshine Coast airport
- Plantation-style home, timber floors, high ceilings, huge verandahs
- Huge kitchen, 2 x bosch ovens, bosch dishwasher, walk-in pantry
- Open-plan living/dining, wood fire, french doors to verandahs
- Master retreat with study, dressing room, wood fire, ensuite with spa bath
- 4 queen-sized guest bedrooms, sitting room, 2 bathrooms
- Laundry with shower, multiple storage rooms
- Floodlit tennis court, resort-style saltwater pool, cabana with bar
- Abundant water, 96,000L water storage, bore, dams with jetty
- Manicured reticulated gardens, diversity of plant species, fully fenced
- Electric gate, alarm, portico entry
- Bedroom: 7
- Bathrooms: 7
- Garaging: 3
- Carports: 2
- Land Size: 2.06 hectares (approx)
Other Features / Notes
5 tropical acres, Dams, Bore, Creek, 2 S/C studios, Pool and Spa, Floodlit Tennis
478 Dath Henderson Road, Tinbeerwah, Queensland 4563 ( get directions )