This idyllic setting in the heart of the Mary Valley offers privacy at the end of a laneway and refreshing green views over the lush countryside and onto the distant mountain backdrop. There is plenty of useable horse country with 3 paddocks and 2 dams. The mostly cleared land is gently undulating and clean, various flowering species and fruit trees provide shade to the resident pet donkeys. There is a section of old olive trees which could be cleared or rejuvenated.
One great advantage of this property is the infrastructure and the current owner has almost finished the dream.
- House 1. "The Cottage" is a lovely old Queenslander with VJ walls , high ceilings, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, laundry, verandah and lounge room near the kitchen. ( Cottage photos appear in order after the Mary Valley sign in our photos)
- House 2 "Caretakers residence" is located approx. 200m from the cottage and has separately metered power and water (tank) This is a graceful 1930's timber home with loads of heritage features, high ceilings, modern kitchen and bathroom, 3 large bedrooms and front porch, a wide rear verandah opens onto the house courtyard and lovely gardens and a separate carport. This house has a near new red colourbond roof. The renovations are well underway and a handy man could finish off this to make an incredible character filled home.
- There is a heritage red colourbond American barn near house 2 and some historic farm memorabilia including a old 1964 Bedford truck and farming implements.
- The cottage has a 2 car lock up garage nearby.
The property is located 1.2km from Imbil township with shops, school and hotel and is a quiet hinterland town with friendly community.
- 51km to Noosaville
- 31Km to Gympie
- 14km to Borumba Dam
The Mary Valley is becoming a popular rural area with new businesses and farming ventures adding spice to the region and attracting tourists. This property could work extremely well as a farm stay or air bnb and rental returns on one or both homes estimated to rent for $400 p/w. each. The current owner advised that there is also approval for 2 more cabins on the land. Being a removal home " House 2" has some finishing off to do before the final certificate is issued through council. Some existing old farm sheds and cattle yards are handy for storage and give the property some olde world charm. There are 5 rainwater tanks to service the houses and 2 dams for animals. Call Paul Bielby to discuss and arrange your inspection.
- 2 homes on 14.3 acres
- Colourbond American barn
- 2 door lock up garage
- 3 paddocks 2 dams
- Useable horse acreage
- Private location
- 1.2km to town of Imbil
- Perfect air bnb or double families
- Bedroom: 6
- Bathrooms: 2
- Garaging: 4
- Carports: 1
- Land Size: 5.79 hectare (approx)
717 Kandanga Imbil Road, Imbil, Queensland 4570 ( get directions )