You've reached for the stars, done the hard yards, scaled the heights and soared above. Why stop there? Let the ascent continue at Cloud Ridge.
High tech, high class, high on the hill and highly desirable, Cloud Ridge is where elusive life balance' transforms from clich to your everyday reality.
Pinch yourself as you greet the dawn on the terrace, often through soft blankets of cloud as the sun lays its first rays on the dew-laden trees below. Here, drab city walls are replaced by long views over verdant hills to the Pacific Ocean beyond. The morning alarm, a chorus of kookaburras. The only traffic, a startled deer or a grazing wallaby.
You may be out of sight but, with high-speed internet, you are never out of touch. Get on top of your paperwork. Tune into that conference call. But for the sound of the birds, your colleagues, trapped in the daily commute, will be none the wiser.
Retreat, recharge, reenergise. Then share the love and party hard. Because this is a home that loves company. The generous living areas and sweeping outdoor terraces, with perfect north-easterly aspect, will comfortably accommodate 100 of your friends. Fire up the pizza oven, ignite the gas flares, stoke the primeval fire pitand watch the fun unfold.
On more intimate evenings, the elevated kitchen, elegantly understated, will draw your guests like sinners to a pulpit as you preside over the popping of corks and the prepping of canaps.
Blessed indeed are those invited to stay overnight, with a choice of stylish guest rooms, each with its own drawcards. The curved main guest room comes with mosaic-tiled ensuite and secluded stone-walled courtyard. Even the smallest room is light-filled with forever views to the ocean.
Perched above everyone and everything is the expansive master suite, which comprises the entire second floor. Framed by ancient beams of Fraser Island tallowwood, reclaimed from Cairns Wharf, the glorious view unfolds beyond the large private balcony to Mount Tinbeerwah and the Cooloola Sand Blow in the north, and the pristine waters of Noosa in the easta view also accessible from the raised bathtub through the full-height fold-out picture windows of the luxurious and grand ensuite.
While waking up here is extraordinary and energising, drifting off under a clear, star-studded night sky is relaxing and restorative.
Features at a glance
• 6 bedroom home on 40 acres of pristine land with ocean & mountain views
• 4 bathrooms plus 2 powder rooms
• multiple formal & informal entertaining areas & courtyards
• gourmet kitchen with stone benchtops, miele appliances, steam oven, Italian tapware
• extensive butler's pantry with long stone benchtops and oodles of storage
• master suite with enormous ensuite, walk-in robe & balcony
• indoor/outdoor ponds & courtyards, landscaped rock fire pit zone
• highly rated feng shui
• office, billiard room and media room
• saltwater infinity pool, pizza oven, huge cellar
• high-speed internet (NBN), convertible RF/data/phone system
• voice/phone-activated lighting (Dynalite commercial-grade)
• PC/mobile phone house remote control
• 24-port gigabit data network, 8-zone AV network
• spring-fed dams with pump to house
• traditional craftsman built stone walls, 100 year old wharf timbers
• additional 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom house on title for extra guests, staff
• previous Australia House of the Year Award winner & multiple National Design Awards
• absolute privacy & only a short drive to Sunshine Coast Airport, restaurants &
- Bedroom: 6
- Bathrooms: 4
- Garaging: 4
- Carports: 2
120 Tunba Court, Cooroy Mountain, Queensland 4563 ( get directions )