As you arrive at this immaculate elevated property the pleasures of country life become immediately apparent. With a perfect easterly orientation, sea breezes from nearby Coolum Beach waft across sylvan woods and softly embrace this landscaped, architectural gem.
You are greeted by the original 100 year old homestead, surrounded on three sides by verandas.
This wing contains two high-ceilinged double bedrooms that lead onto the verandas though French doors. There is also a beautifully appointed library/living room with 2 sets of french doors leading to its own veranda and completely renovated luxury bathroom including generous linen/storage space. Finally you arrive at a fully renovated chef's galley kitchen (featuring soft close drawers, new stone bench tops, new pantry, sinks, designer taps and splash back) that acts a fulcrum between the original house and a crisp, elegant and architecturally appropriate extension that more than doubles the existing internal living footprint.
The galley style kitchen has an indoor / outdoor dining bar that joins an internal deck space that leads both to new living and sleeping spaces as well as the resort style swimming pool and gazebo. A dining room, filigreed with original Balinese wood carvings, welcomes guests and leads into a deluxe master bedroom suite with resort style bathroom featuring a clawed-foot bath that celebrates views to the east. In this wing you will also find another guest bedroom and two separate living spaces on two levels that also share delightful easterly views and cooling breezes.
With an outlook from every room, this irreplaceable home boasts not only generous family living but also features a seasonal creek and dam, huge garage and work shed, beautifully landscaped sub-tropical grounds, kitchen garden, water features and a number of both sunny and shady spaces for contemplation or that late afternoon cocktail.
This private sanctuary comes with all creature comforts in a country club meets resort' situated just 10 minutes from the bustling beach resort of Coolum, 5 minutes from the Bruce Highway and 10 minutes to the delightful hinterland town of Yandina. A great family home or a perfect place to enjoy that fruitful retirement - and be the destination of choice for extended family gatherings and visits!
Features at a glance:
• Century old classic Queenslander filled with character
• Crisp, delightfully blended extension
• 4 bedrooms, 2 exquisite bathrooms and 3 toilets, 3 living areas
• More than 1.65 acres of delightful grounds backing onto forests and fields
• Wrap around verandas, imported balinese doors, french doors
• High ceilings, original polished floorboards, indoor / outdoor dining
• Newly renovated main bathroom with bath and shower
• Updated galley kitchen with soft close drawers, stone bench tops
• Salt/chlorine resort style pool, gazebo, water feature and pond
• Parents retreat with private deck, walk in robe, ensuite and claw-foot bath
• 5.2kw solar, solar hot water, bore to gardens, WWTP enviro (waters green belt)
• 3 phase power to house, massive fresh water storage (95,000 litres approx.), fully fenced
• 14m x 6m 5 bay shed with power, caravan & boat shelter
• Wine cellar/cool room, veggie beds, rainforest with seasonal creek
• Tropical gardens with reticulated irrigation system
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Garaging: 2
- Carports: 2