This cosy three-bedroom western red cedar home is privately located on an eight-acre block only 7.5km from the Cooroy township. It overlooks a rolling green valley with green pastures and trees, providing stunning hinterland views. The West Cooroy State Forest, which is part of the Noosa Bird Trail, is just down the road. Quite separate and privately positioned from the main residence is a fully Council approved second dwelling which has been successfully run as an Airbnb.
The lovingly maintained home looks over a level lawn with a Poinciana tree. This provides shade and colour through the summer months and is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the views while having long leisurely lunches.
Traditional-style French doors featuring throughout the home give access to the garden and allow in the cooling afternoon breezes. Split cycle air-conditioning and the prized northerly aspect means year-round comfort is assured.
The kitchen has pretty casement windows, a large Technika 5-burner gas cooktop with electric oven, a range hood, a Smeg dishwasher and a good-sized pantry. The living areas are all tiled in earthy terracotta and the bedrooms are fitted with good quality carpet.
All bedrooms have built-in robes. The master and one other bedroom boast restful valley views from their own set of French doors. You will love waking up to the sounds of the abundant native birdlife found in the area.
The bathroom, with separate shower and bath, is in good condition and there is also a separate toilet and laundry with external access.
A newly built carport allows all weather access from your car to the house. The bitumen driveway and new concrete driveway extension with turnaround makes for easy vehicle access.
Located above the main home is the gorgeous fully Council approved second dwelling which has been beautifully renovated with a new kitchen and bathroom. The new balcony is another perfect spot from which to enjoy the wonderful valley views. Being so separate and private from the main house, it is perfect for short-term guest accommodation or extended family.
A two-bay garage with workshop provides plenty of storage.
Positioned at the bottom of the block is a large dam. There is room to run a few head of cattle or perhaps a pony or two?
Features at a glance:
• Character red cedar 3-bed, 1-bath home + fully council approved self-contained second dwelling
• Elevated and private with beautiful country vistas, abundant birdlife
• Open plan kitchen & living areas, French doors to front verandah
• Lovely kitchen with huge gas-top stove, dishwasher, good storage
• Two bedrooms with views, all bedrooms with built-ins & carpeted
• Separate newly renovated self-contained second dwelling with balcony
• Double garage with workshop, carport, concrete & bitumen driveway
• Eight acres, fully fenced, large dam, 11,000 gallons rainwater storage
• Advanced Enviro Septic System, requiring no maintenance
• Property screened throughout
• Fruit trees: Mango, orange, lemon, lime, macadamia, approx. 100 olive trees
• West Cooroy State Forest on your doorstep, ideal for bush walking and bird watching
• School bus stop at gate, NBN connection available
• Less than 10 mins to Cooroy, 25 mins to Noosa Marina
This charming property will appeal to anyone seeking a peaceful natural haven, yet still want the convenience of being close to town and all the wonderful lifestyle opportunities that the Noosa region offers.
Call to arrange your inspection today: Robert Farley 0408 478 304.
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Garaging: 2
- Carports: 1
- Land Size: 3.24 hectare (approx)
68 Top Forestry Road, Ridgewood, Queensland 4563 ( get directions )