Modernism springs to mind when you round the bend and come face to face with Namadji'. Designed in 2006 by architect Gabriel Poole, the 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, single-storey home sits cantilvered over the landscape of mature native trees and rolling lawn.
Extended, adapted and updated to meet the needs of the current owners, who have taken great care to maintain the integrity of the original design, the north-facing home will appeal to lovers of clean lines, blended indoor-outdoor spaces, quality materials and finishes, nature, and absolute privacy.
Facing due north, the covered front terrace is bathed in light and warmth on winter days - a serene space to relax, reflect, or observe the local koalas and cockatoos.
Inside, the open-plan kitchen, dining and lounge areas are bright and airy, with light streaming through an interesting mix of large and small square windows that frame the views at differing scales.
In the 4.6-metre high kitchen, a wall of louvres reaches to the stars. Everywhere you turn, glimpses of the tree canopy and the clear blue sky catch the eye. Airflow, as expected, has been carefully considered with clerestory windows serving as the building's air conditioner'.
Unifying the entire house is the exquisite Javanese marble floor, unique in its subtle colour variation, texture and hammertone finish. Quality is also evident in the kitchen, with generous stone benchtops, Miele induction cooktop and dishwasher, Smeg steam oven and pyrolytic oven, modern tapware, and black double sink. There's oodles of storage and a generous pantry.
A built in gas fire warms the winter lounge area and hides a handy little study area.
Glass doors to the rear lead to the expansive covered terrace which is fully insulated - perfect for entertaining on summer evenings whatever the weather. A nifty built in bar is conveniently located just inside.
In each bedroom carpet overlays the marble floor but is designed to be easily removed. The north facing master bedroom is large and light filled, with a generous walk-in robe. The ensuite, with floor to ceiling marble, opens out to a peaceful, private, Zen like courtyard.
Bedrooms 2 and 3 come with built-in robes, lots of light, and their own outdoor sitting areas.
Recently refurbished, the main bathroom has a large glass walled shower and a deep freestanding bath from where you can soak up the glorious view that unfolds before you.
A large laundry and separate linen cupboard offer plenty of storage.
Pass by the gently gurgling fish pond and catch your breath as the soaring 4.6 metre wall of glass rises up before you, reflecting the stand of eucalypts to the north. Designed by Gavin Maddock in 2008 as an artist's studio and gallery, this 120m2 solid brick construction features 230 mm polished concrete floors and comes with a bedroom and ensuite area, large open-plan lounge/dining space, kitchenette, office nook, and laundry and separate toilet underneath. The breathtaking views combine perfectly with the ceiling height row of clerestory windows which draw in ambient light from every aspect while offering tantalising snapshots of sky and trees.
The possibilities for this versatile space are endless. Let your imagination run wild.
- 4 Bed, 2 bath, 2 car, 8651 m2
- 2006 Gabriel Poole design renovated 2016
- absolute privacy, electronic security gate
- north facing, fully insulated, rendered block construction
- new kitchen with Miele/Smeg appliances
- new bathrooms and laundry with stone benchtops
- Javanese marble floors, overlaid with new carpet in bedrooms
- repainted, rewired, LED lighting, loads of storage, built-in gas fire
- low maintenance tropical gardens; stone feature walls
- large goldfish pond; abundant birdlife, koalas, wallabies
- approx. 103,000 litres rainwater, new pumps to bio system, new HWS
- separate, solid rendered block 120m2 artist's studio/gallery with dual living potential
- laundry and separate toilet underneath
- 4 mins to Eumundi town; 5 mins to Bruce Highway; 20 to Noosa Beach
- school bus at end of street
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Garaging: 2
- Land Size: 8651 m2 (approx)