Drink in the soothing ambience of this sophisticated ridge-top home, where clean lines, high ceilings, cool tones and glass doors embrace the perfect north-easterly aspect.
Step out to the sprawling deck and marvel at the endless view over the treetops to the east - it's as if you've entered a magic portal to another universe, yet you're only 5 minutes to the bustling hinterland town of Cooroy.
Below deck, the lawn rolls down to your own large spring-fed dam, the perfect spot for rowdy family picnics or quiet moments of solitude in nature.
Built in 2005, and maintained to exacting standards, the home exudes quality, without pretension. The 4.9 metre ceiling of the open plan lounge and dining area imbues a sense of space that is magnified by the bank of stacked glass doors that open to the rear deck and the saltwater pool that appears suspended over the canopy.
Freshly painted inside and out, the crisp white and soft magnolia tones contrast beautifully with the rich, chocolate-coloured kitchen cabinetry and latte stone benchtops. There's storage galore, soft-close Blum drawers, electric Franke oven and ceramic hob, and 2 single-drawer dishwashers.
Tiled throughout for easy care, and fully screened, the home also includes a separate media room and a spacious study or home office.
To one side of the living zone lies the guest suite with large air-conditioned bedroom overlooking the pool and valley, and a stylish 2-way ensuite with glass shower. The separation offers great potential for AirBnb, or simply a private oasis for extended family or friends.
All other sleeping quarters are located at the opposite end of the house. Oriented to the north, the master suite is flooded with natural light, and glass doors slide open to the deck and the treetops. Even the big walk-in robe has high ceilings and the crisp white ensuite comes with large glass shower, luxurious spa bath and a double vanity in cafe-creme tones.
Bedrooms 3 and 4 are a massive 5m x 5m with built-in robes, and enjoy their own lounge/relaxation area, a bathroom with shower, separate bathtub, separate toilet, plus a powder room.
The laundry is modern and spacious and 2 huge linen cupboards will delight your inner minimalist.
If growing your own food excites you, the veggie gardens are already established as are banana, lemon and mango trees. Stock the large chook pen and never buy eggs again. With 3 phase power at the dam's pump shed, you can pump water directly to the gardens, chookpen and horse troughs. Water to the house is abundant with 2 x 10,000 gallon concrete rainwater tanks.
So bring the pony, the kids, the grandparents, the goldfish. The turtles and wallabies are already here.
● 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom single level home built in 2005 on 8 acres (3.2 ha)
● perfect north-easterly aspect, long views over verdant valley
● 5 usable acres, suitable for horses/cattle, 3 acres of rainforest, large spring-fed dam
with 3-phase power at pump shed
● open-plan lounge and dining with 4.9m raked ceilings
● stylish kitchen, stone benchtops, Franke appliances, soft-close Blum drawers, great
● media room, study / home office, spacious laundry, 2 huge linen cupboards
● large master suite with valley views, generous walk-in robe, beautiful ensuite with spa
bath, large glass shower and double vanity
● guest suite with 2-way bathroom and views over pool and valley
● bedrooms 3 and 4 are a huge 5m x 5m with built-in robes, separate lounge/relaxation area,
● main bathroom with shower and bath, separate toilet, plus powder room
● 10m x 5m saltwater pool adjoins grand lofty entertaining deck with long views
● wireless NBN, all rooms wired for TV and data, surround sound, loads of power points
● solar hot water system; new ceiling fans, reverse cycle aircon, fully screened
● double garage with room for bikes, fridges, tools
● veggie gardens, established fruit trees, large chookpen, double garden shed, irrigation
system from dam to gardens/troughs/chookpen
● 2 x 10,000 gallon concrete rainwater tanks, state-of-the-art wastewater system
● AirBnB potential, current owners have superhost status
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Garaging: 2
85 Tallowwood Place, Black Mountain, Queensland 4563 ( get directions )